Free tools for industry
The CTC has developed a series of tools for Canadian tourism businesses to help you in your efforts to attract travellers. These resources will help you to better understand your best customers and what they’re looking for in a travel experience. These easy-to-follow guides demonstrate tangible ways that you can enhance your product development, marketing and sales initiatives to resonate more fully with your customers. These tools will help you to leverage and align with Canada’s strong tourism brand, for better business results.
Free and accessible to all tourism businesses, these tools are rich with insights on topics such as:
To get started, check out our:
Download the CTC Brand Standards Guide 3.0 to get Canada's tourism brand working for you.
CTC Brand Standards Guide 3.0 – low resolution (8.5 mb)
CTC Brand Standards Guide 3.0 – high resolution (29 mb)
CTC tourism partners big and small can adopt the essence of Canada's tourism brand to drive business—updating old perceptions about Canada and promoting tourism products as distinct tourism experiences. Learn more about the voice, values and mission of our brand, how we communicate these through our new, branded materials, and how you can adopt the essence of Canada's tourism brand, too.
Inside the Brand Toolkit you'll find:
- Information on how we paint a picture with words to compel travellers to visit Canada now
- Ideas on how to incorporate the brand essence into your advertising and promotional materials, using clear, simple, evocative images that show travellers who are engaged in—and enjoying—their experiences
- How we create images that best express and evoke what Canada offers travellers.
To learn more about the CTC's experience-based marketing, please experiences [at] ctc-cct [dot] ca (contact us).
A tourism product is what you buy. But a tourism experience is what you remember.
For businesses interested in learning how to capture the hearts and minds of international travellers, the CTC’s Experiences: A toolkit for partners of the CTC (2nd edition) can help you to develop and deliver the types of compelling experiences today’s travellers are seeking.
This updated toolkit clearly explains experiential travel and the business opportunity it represents.
Inside the Experiences Toolkit you'll find:
- Key information on how to evolve your product into an experience that customers will keep talking about
- Quick diagnostic guides to help identify your best customers, so you can ensure your marketing and visitor experiences are aligned to meet their needs and desires
- A step-by-step approach to creating and marketing memorable visitor experiences
- Interviews showcasing the inspiring and successful practices of five tourism operators in Canada
- Links to more resources related to crafting and delivering compelling tourism experiences.
Training videos: Developing Visitor Experiences
Partnering with the Gros Morne Institute for Sustainable Tourism, the CTC produced two experiential-tourism training videos to showcase examples of how small businesses in the Atlantic provinces have developed experiences for travellers.
These videos provide insights into what a tourism experience is, how to develop experiences to fulfill the dreams of visitors when they travel, and how to connect travellers with your local cultural assets to enhance the visitor experience. See for yourself:
- Fulfilling travellers' dreams through experiences
- Connecting travellers to culture, community and cuisine
- See more industry training videos on our YouTube channel
The EQ Toolkit for Industry is designed to provide tourism businesses with insights into why and how different people travel. Specifically, our EQ Profiles will help you to understand various characteristics of different traveller types – including the personal values, attitudes and motivations that affect their purchase decisions.
Having these key insights on your customers will help you to offer them more relevant and meaningful visitor experiences. You’ll also be equipped to conduct targeted marketing and sales activities that are designed specifically to appeal to your best customers.
These modules provide specific examples of how to incorporate EQ into your product development, marketing and sales activities. Watch here for updates, as we plan to make additional tools available over the coming months.
Looking to increase your marketing knowledge? We want your business to prosper and that’s why we’ve created a series of videos full of insights on tourism-industry trends and best practices. These videos cover a wide range of topics to help you maximize your marketing and tourism opportunities. Learn how to successfully sell your experience internationally or find out how other tourism businesses prepare for tourism-industry events as well as their tips for pitching to media successfully.
See the industry training videos on our YouTube channel